Sooooo i'm gonna take a different route with Travel Tuesday! Instead of talking about a travel experience, I am going to ask for some travel advice! On my 21st birthday, my sister and her boyfriend (now he's my brother in law) took me to Vegas for my birthday and are now taking me again this June (as mentioned in yesterday's post)! We will be there from June 13th-16th and are staying at the Bellagio again! Last time, we saw the Cirque du Soleil show "O", went to the Stevie Nicks concert, drank way too much, barely slept, and surprisingly made a lot of money gambling!
Now this is where you come in...I need tips/suggestions on what we should do this trip :) Since this is only my second time there, i'm still not very familiar with Vegas! I'd love to hear about yummy restaurants, fun bars, good shows to see, fun things to do there, etc!
Thursday night started the weekend off and of course we went out to Northgate to celebrate Thirty Thursday ;)
Friday started off at about 10 am after getting about 5 hours of sleep. So of course I resorted to going to a late lunch/ritas with my friend Katie at Chuys! After that I ran errands, went to the mall, and did some studying. That night, Kourtney and I decided that it would be best if we stayed in after the night we had Thursday night haha so we ordered pizza and watched Netflix movies :) Oh and I got the lovely text message above from my sister! Her and my brother in law are the best and bought me a flight ticket to Vegas!!! [They also took me on my 21st birthday...they kinda spoil me ;)] 80 DAYS UNTIL WE'RE PARTYING IN VEGAS!
On Saturday morning, Kourtney and I packed up and headed to Waco for the rest of the weekend (and of course we made a pit stop at Health Camp in Waco for a yummy burger for lunch)! One of my best friends, Avani, was competing in a dance competition at Baylor so we went to support her and our friend Blake who was also competing! Us girls went to Chuys before the competition for some ritas then went out with everyone after the competition which was so much fun! It was so much fun to see my girls and to see them compete! (It was like a mini reunion because my roommate from freshman year before I transferred/one of my best friends Hailey [the one in the blue, white, and black top] was there as well as my best friends that all lived on my hall in the dorms freshman year [except for Kourtney]! Although I saw them a few weeks ago, it was fun to have a girls weekend/get away!)
Sunday was nothing exciting, so that's why I have no pictures! We slept in (we all stayed at my grandmas house in Waco because she moved so it's up for sale) then Kourtney and I headed back to College Station and the girls headed back to Sherman! I did some studying, working out, then lounged in the living room until bed time!
I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday! This week is going to be so busy for me but at least Easter break is starting Wednesday night after work :) Come back tomorrow for Travel Tuesday!!
[If you could see what i'm currently doing right now you would probably judge me...i'm majorly lounging in the living room trying to avoid doing my homework. I've been successful thus far...let's hope it continues. Now on to the goodies that you're here for. Oh and sorry for not posting in forever. I suck, I know] Reading: All I have time to read these days are my Erin Condren planner and books for school. Boring, I know! Writing: A paper for one of my communications classes. Well actually I have neglected the poor thing and it's minimized right now. Listening: To the tv and my roommates talking! Thinking: That i'm freezing cold in our living room right now and that i'm ready for Easter break to start in just a short few extremely busy days. Smelling: Like outside....Kourtney and I went on an adventure walk earlier and now I feel like I smell like outside haha. Wishing: That I had no responsibilities and that I was on vacation right now. Hoping: That my dad's surgeries this Thursday and Friday go smoothly! Wearing: Victoria Secret yoga pants, socks, long sleeve Vineyard Vines tshirt, and a bunch of wristbands from going out last night...classsssy! Loving: My family, best friends, and the life God has given me! I really couldn't ask for more! Wanting: To go shopping but i'm trying to hold off until I get home later this week because the shopping in Dallas is WAY better than the shopping in College Station! Needing: Money...good thing i'm working tomorrow and all day Wednesday! Feeling: Tired, cold, and lazy! Pathetic, I know! Clicking: On various blogs, Facebook of course, pinterest, school stuff, PR stuff for work....multi tasking at it's finest. Well that's all I have for today but make sure to come back tomorrow for Weekend Shenanigans...I promise I will post more this week ;) xoxo, hannah
Spring break is over and i'm not the happiest camper....although I am excited that Easter break is already next week! Spring break was a whirlwind but definitely a fun one! I did a terrible job of taking pictures so i'll just give you some of my highlights from break! (I already did a post of my first two days of spring break so i'll start where I left off!)
1) I went to happy hour at Cyclone Anaya's with my friends Katie and Lexi and then got pedicures (and drank a lot of wine) with my dad and sister! (Yes, my dad actually enjoys getting pedicures) Then while we were waiting to get pedicures, my dad sent me this lovely text message!
2) After pedicures, I rode with my sister to her house to pick up Andy (my brother in law) and then went to pick up our friends Jen and Andrew and we all went to dinner and Dave and Busters to celebrate Andy's birthday! I hadn't been in forever and it was SO much fun!
3) Saturday was a rainy and yucky day, so we resorted to shopping and drinking off course!
4) Saturday night, we went and saw the movie Quartet at the Angelika theatre (it was a cute movie but I was definitely the youngest person there...by like 20 years haha) and then had Mambo Taxis and dinner and Taco Diner!
1) If you haven't had a dip cone from McDonalds then you need to splurge and try one!
2) I went to church sunday morning with my parents, ran errands, worked on stuff for Uptown Rustic, then went on a froyo date and do some window shopping at Babies R Us with Christy! (I can't wait to meet her precious little babe in September!!)
3) DELICIOUS dinner Sunday night that my dad made for us....sweet potato fries, ribs, and stuffed poblano peppers! Nommm
4) Monday Gloria's happy hour with Hailey, Kourtney, and Hailey's step dad Todd was so much fun and I drank way too much! Their sangria and happy hour specials are a bad combination!
1) I worked at my dads office on Tuesday and Wednesday with my motivation being coffee and my new sunglasses from Urban Outfitters!
2) Spring Break in Dallas is never complete without going to Northpark multiple times, so Kourtney and I went there and did some damage!
3) On Thursday, I went to lunch with my friend Blaire then we went and saw our friend Taylor's sweet baby boy Walker!
4) I was a baby hog and would've held this sweet baby all day if I could!
1) Friday morning came way too early and was our first day at McKinney Trade Days! I love how the Uptown Rustic sign turned out...kinda obsessed! (Check out Uptown Rustic at facebook.com/uptownrustic) Anything can be ordered through our facebook page!
2) Back to Gloria's I go for happy hour with my sister, mom, and dad after a long day at McKinney Trade Days! We were SO warn out and were in need of some drinks!
3) That night we had some yummy wine and dinner at Patrizios!
4) Day two at MTD (Saturday)! I had to hold myself back from buying everything that we were selling!
1) We celebrated St. Patrick's Day Saturday night with green beers at the Londoner with friends! It was so much fun!
2) Day three and final day at MTD...seriously so many interesting people there! People were wearing their dogs in a dog version of a baby bjorn...it was SO weird. It was so much fun to see some of our friends that came up and supported us!
3) My brother texted us this picture (the black and white one on the left) of Jessica Simpson's baby because she looks exactly like I did when I was a baby, so we made this little picstitch (my baby picture is the one on the right)
4) There is a picture in our house somewhere where i'm making this exact face but the picture on the right is the closest one that we could find for now!
I'm sure you LOVED hearing about all the drinking and eating I did over spring break ;) Hopefully I can get back into blogging regularly now! Happy Tuesday friends :)
Soooo this weekend was even busier than I thought it would be! We celebrated my brother in law's birthday, went to the new Dave and Busters (which was SO much fun!!!), drank way too much, saw Quartet, had a yogurt date with one of my best friends, relaxed with family, did a bunch of crafty stuff for Uptown Rustic (more on that in a little bit), went shopping, went to church, and so much more! Today (since i'm late on the weekend shenanigans) I went into my dad's office and did some work, ran some errands, and then went to happy hour with Hailey and Kourtney (Hailey's step dad stopped by too and was so nice to buy all of my drinks!!) at Glorias! Now it's dinner time and Bachelor finale time!!!! I can't believe it's already coming to an end...I am legitimately sad :(
I have talked about this before, but my mom, sister, and I started a company called Uptown Rustic and we will be making our debut this weekend (Friday-Sunday) at McKinney Trade Days! It's so exciting and we have so many cool things that we have been working on! Check out our facebook page (facebook.com/uptownrustic) for more details and pictures :) Here are some of my favorites that we are selling!!
...except it really started yesterday at 10:30 am when spring break started and I haven't stopped since (I am currently posting this from the McDonald's play place while the little kids I babysit play)! I'm going to go ahead and warn you that I will most likely be pretty MIA the next week during spring break but I will give you an update of the craziness from yesterday (Thursday) and today!
Started spring break off with a bff breakfast date at Chick fil A before I headed to Dallas
Relaxing at the park (which lasted about 5 minutes) in the gorgeous 72 degree weather in Dallas! (This happened later in the day but I didn't feel like rearranging the collages)
Excited to head home, arm candy for the day, and the gorgeous Dallas skyline!
Right when I got to Dallas, I stopped for a few minutes at Northpark and 2 of my friends just happened to be there...I was so excited to see them, even if it was just for a few minutes!
I then headed to pick up my 3 little cousins from school...Lucca is 4, Nico is 6, and Max is 3 (thats from left to right in the above picture)! I was so excited to spend some time with them since I hadn't seen them in awhile!
We went to the new Klyde Warren Park, got a snack from one of the food trucks, played in the awesome kids play place, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather!
Next, I took the crazies to meet their mom for some mexican food and so we could indulge in some ritas (yes, they love wearing all my fun colored sunglasses in the car)!
After that, we went and saw their new house that they're about to move into!
Then, I went and met my friends Alex, Priya, and Avani at the restaurant they were eating dinner at in McKinney and then we got pazookies at BJ's for dessert...yum!!
Then I FINALLY headed to my house! My mom had been asking me all day if I was actually ever going to come home haha it was a LONG day!
Macy, Cooper, and I (these are the little kids I always babysit back home) went and had lunch with their sister, Jade, at school! (She goes to the elementary school that I went to when I was little...it made me feel so old)!
Now we are killing time at McDonald's until we have to go pick up Jade from school at 3! Then of course we are going to get some ice cream before I take them home!
At 4 I am heading to happy hour with some of my girl friends, then manicures and pedicures with my sister (we're trying to get my dad to come so he will pay, haha...he actually likes getting pedicures though), then we are celebrating my brother in law's birthday tonight at Dave n Busters!
Since I won't be posting much on here during spring break, you should follow me on instagram if you want, so that you can keep up with my crazy life!
Helene is a genius for creating this link up...but honestly, it's making me want to travel like no ones business and that's not a good thing! (I just got back from a trip two weeks ago...what's wrong with me!!!)
Anyway, let's talk about my addiction to New York. Two years ago, I went four times in one year (I almost felt like I lived there and it was amazing)! Two of the trips were with my mom and sister, one with my best friend for spring break (I was pretty impressed with my ability to get us around the city successfully), and then one with my mom and her best friend/my second mom, Linda. Since it was all girls on the trips, we did A LOT of shopping, went to a bunch of shows, drank a lot of wine, explored museums, and ate at some amazing restaurants!
Favorite NYC Restaurants:
-Tolache Bistro Mexicano & Tequila Bar: A new discovery with gourmet mexican food and amazing drinks!
-Magnolia Bakery: A good place for an afternoon sweet treat!
-Ruby Foos: Yummmmmy asian food in Times Square! Good place for after the theatre!
-David Burkes Townhouse: Such a cool restaurant with perfect service, amazing food, and a Lollipop Cheesecake Tree! Yeah, you heard me correctly...and it's amazing!
-Serendipity: If you're in NYC, you have to go here! We normally go for lunch and of course we always order a frozen hot chocolate to split!
-Becco: My all time favorite restaurant ever...and i've been to a lot! Amazing italian food!
-S'Mac: If you are a mac and cheese lover, then you will be in heaven! That's all they serve and it's delicious! (Good place for lunch!)
-Burger Heaven: Another good lunch place with yummy burgers!!
-Osteria Al Doge: This is a very close second to Becco for italian....yummmmmy!
I could talk about New York all day if time allowed! Soooo if you are going soon or are planning a trip, then I would love to give you some tips before you go :) Feel free to email me (email@example.com)....then it will make me feel like i'm going too, hehe! I can't wait to go back this coming Christmas :D
Kind of in shock that it's Sunday again.....time flies when you're having fun? Although I spent a lot of time studying this weekend, it was still a good and relaxing one (and much needed, because this is the first weekend since my college career started that I haven't gone out on the weekend..kinda embarrassing)! Our other two roommates were gone so we had a best friend weekend consisting of seeing "21 and Over" and "Identity Thief", being lazy on the couch, running errands, and watching more cute movies at home! So thankful to be living with my best friend!
1. 5 songs you'll listen to the rest of your life:
-Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
-Wannabe by Spice Girls
-Bye Bye Bye by N'SYNC
-Something Like That by Tim McGraw
-I Could Not Ask For More by Sara Evans
2. 5 things on your bucket list:
3. 5 celebs you'd love to hang out with for a day:
Channing Tatum, Jennifer Aniston, Rebel Wilson (aka Fat Amy), Bradley Cooper, Sean Lowe (I consider him a celeb now since he's the Bachelor)
4. 5 things you always carry in your purse:
iPhone, debit card, license, chap stick, and gum
5. 5 books on your reading list:
I'm not a huge reader (mainly because I don't have time and I should be reading my textbooks for class) but I really need to finish 50 Shades Freed, catch up on my devotional, and read the Happiness Project!
6. Share the last 5 pictures on your phone:
Headed to work on Friday...it was a gorgeous day!
I'm making progress with painting my own nails! YAY!
A text from my brother in law on Friday night...can't wait to go to Vegas again!! (He took me on my 21st birthday, too! I'm a lucky girl!)
This weekend will be spent sleeping in, heavily drinking, going out, staying up late, spending time with friends, shopping, and doing other non-productive things.......oh wait, no it wont! I will be studying, studying, studying, reading boring textbooks, writing papers, and studying more this weekend. Oh what a PERFECT weekend! At least I get to see the new movie "21 and Over" tonight with my best franddd and I will most likely reward myself with some wine too. (or maybe I will do that right now, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!) I'm so excited for spring break that starts on Thursday but I am SERIOUSLY dreading this weekend and week leading up to it! At least I will get to do the heavy drinking (and other non-productive things listed above) over spring break ;) This is probably the first and last weekend of my college career that I will spend studying....and this is what I have to say to that!
I hope you guys have a perfect weekend though and hopefully I will survive this weekend and get a lot accomplished! Let's drink to that ;) ...ugh I need to stop talking about drinking. xoxo, hannah