"If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose."
-Bishop T.D. Jakes

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe it's Wednesday...I feel like so much has happened since I posted yesterday! I was planning on blogging some about the Bachelor last night but i'm sure you don't want to hear me talk about how crazy Tierra is since we all know that already ;) And poor Sarah :( My heart broke for her!

Now to today! (It feels so weird writing this from my bed at home...I feel like I haven't been here in forever) After finishing homework and packing up, I made the 3 hour (a little less than) trek back to Dallas! 
My sweet Memaw lives south of Dallas (my parents live north of Dallas) so I decided to stop and see her on my way into town! My heart broke a little bit when I walked in and she didn't recognize me right away. I almost felt like running off and breaking down but I sucked it up...I mean she is 91, this is normal...right? Ugh, short term memory loss is such a terrible thing!! It just took her a minute for it to click that I was there to visit her then she kept telling everyone that her "Aggie grand daughter Hannah" was there to visit her, haha! We walked to the coffee shop and talked and laughed for a bit...her happiness and spirit makes my heart so happy! Literally everything is perfect in her eyes and she is constantly smiling!! I can only hope that I will be anything like her when I am 91! 
(The whole iPhone thing kind of threw her for a loop haha and of course she was talking during the picture!)

The rest of the day was spent shopping with my mom and sister (and hearing the news that they are starting a "rags to riches" type company...more on that later!) and then home tonight for a home cooked dinner, catching up with my parents, and relaxing! There really is nothing like home...even if i'm only here for less than 24 hours! 

I hope you all have a great rest of your week because you probably won't hear from me until Tuesday when I get back from skiing in Colorado (we fly out tomorrow)! Be looking for my trip recap at some point next week :) 

xoxo, hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hannah!

    What a lovely and sweet blog you have!! I am loving this post- and your chevron stripes! How special for you to have your Grandmother in your life, I still think about mine every day! Let's be friends :-) Following you

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete