"If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose."
-Bishop T.D. Jakes

Monday, January 14, 2013

Love your enemies

"Love your enemies" is a tough statement for a lot of people to say...including me. My parent's always taught my siblings and I that when we were younger but let's be honest, I never loved my enemies. I'm not a person to hold grudges but that also doesn't mean that I will instantly love that person either. 

Yesterday at church with my family, our pastor was preaching on "Family Matters". After the scripture Luke 6: 27-31 was read, I decided that I was going to add loving my enemies to my New Year's Resolutions list. I am going to focus on treating others how I would want to be treated! I know it's going to be tough but life is too short to do anything but love. 

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Luke 6: 27-31


Speaking of love, I hope you all watched Sean Lowe on the Bachelor tonight ;)


xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment